The thinking is that a better way to get information to users would be to build one or more information services that will assist – either iPhone/Droid apps, or tailored web sites. If you could have any piece of conceivable information, what would be most useful?
This would include both the Mall as well as the surrounding area and all of the new Metro stops. We’ll be building a proposal and prototype to help out the local government. What do you think we should have in/on it?
For the Mall:
- Map of parking area with updates on available parking spots.
- Means to mark your spot on the map and some way to trace your route back to your car.
- Layout of mall. You are here identification.
- Recommendations for non-busy times.
- Senior specials. Maybe special area for Seniors: exercise suggestions; food suggestion; matinee movie suggestions;
- Movie listings.
- Special sales or activities in mall stores. Coupons would be good. A way to hold your iPhone to a store scanner for them to read your coupon. Maybe a way to have your name and phone number on your phone be scanned in by stores or sales people for drawings like for a new car or whatever.
- Holiday or special activities or presentations.
- Food Court identification and other eating facilities. Ratings on cleanliness. “Eat This Not That” recommendations (maybe tie-in to app for that.) Vegan or Vegetarian suggestions.
- Restaurant reservation system.
- Restroom locations. Elevator or handicap identification.
- Mall-walker distance and route suggestions for exercise purposes.
- Search capability for items for sale with stores that have availability. For instance “shoes” or “fondue pot”
- Feedback capability to make suggestions to mall managers and/or stores.
- Traffic patterns and route planning
- Augmented Reality of bus stops, traffic directions, points of interest
- Metro delays
- Metro and construction status, dollars spent, current plans, expected benefits
- Events in the area
- Highlight businesses to sponsor key companies in the area that are supporting
- Coupons or store bonuses for reporting suggestions or road improvements (light out, pot hole, graffiti, car accident, etc)
- Carpooling recommendations
I’d love more requirements or prioritization of what would be best to build! What would you find useful in the most congested/largest Mall area of the country?